Sunday, August 3, 2008

Trying this again

After the frustration of the effects of "half timers", I give up trying to remember information I had used to get started. Well, this time I have certainly took notes so this will not happen again! Anywhooooooo, I hope that everyone is doing quite well.

What started out to be a tough July in my career has ended up with me seeing just how much God loves me. Without going into a lot of detail, after working under the same Director for almost 13 years, I have applied and been selected for another less stressful position. I am sooooooooooo excited! Please continue to pray for me as I start this new role. Also pray for the department that I will leave behind.

I had two weeks of vacation in July. My husband (Robert, aka sweet thing to me), our grandson (AJ) and I went to Orange Beach at Gulf Shores. We had a wonderful time and stayed at the beautiful Enclave. The jellyfish got a little too rough with my AJ, so I kept the spray vinegar close at hand. The last two days we were there, red flags were posted indicating strong under current. Sweet thing was attacked by a strong wave and lost his glasses and cap. I got up early (with coffee) and stayed out late (enjoying a margarita) on the balcony listening to the most wonderful calming sounds of the waves. The stars were beautiful, even the couple of storms that came while we were there were a site to see. Oh how often I thought of God's awesome power!
As soon as I can figure how to do it, I will include some pictures.
A smile to you! I

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Oh sweet friend -I love this and you better keep writing goodd things like this!!!!
I love you so much and thank GOD for you in my life!!!
Lorie